PANEL DISCUSSION: In current market conditions how can Asian refineries ensure margins and profitability are maintained?
10:45 - 11:35
Morning - Day 1
Current pockets of strength being seen in refinery margins will at some stage come under pressure. We will bring together some of the refining industry’s biggest players to explore strategies and innovative solutions to help maintain profitability and face the future market demands head on. It is more important than ever to have a very clear strategy within the refining portfolio to ensure future competitiveness, here we discuss some ideas to maintain and further improve margins:
– Operational flexibility as a key to taking advantage of margin opportunities
– Increasing profitability and yield through integration of refinery and petrochemical plants
– Using new policy and regulation as well as market trends as a driver for innovative strategy
– How important is it to have the latest technology within the refinery?
– How can senior management encourage and nurture innovation in business development to work out process and commercial “game changers”
– Will global refining ever see a return to a level playing field? How could this be achieved?
Karambir Anand, Partner, ERNST & YOUNG
Michael Costello, Technical Manager – JV Refining, CHEVRON
Antony Francis, Assistant Vice President –Refining and Marketing Business, RELIANCE INDUSTRIES
Further panelists to be confirmed
« Back to previous page