Dorf Ketal Chemicals is a global leader in the research, development, commercialization, marketing and application of specialty engineered chemistries for the refining and petrochemical industries. Founded in 1992, Dorf Ketal has demonstrated product and service excellence in the largest refineries and petrochemical plants in the world.
The research development teams at Dorf Ketal deliver innovative process chemicals with applications in refining, petrochemical and polymer production, plus unique chemistries for fuel treatment.
Dorf Ketal innovation is a commitment to solve challenging customer problems with new chemistry and application technology. We invest in extensive research to identify new chemistries and we embrace failure in our laboratories to assure success in our customer’s plants. Product development includes sophisticated proprietary simulations that allow us to predict results across a range of feedstocks under operational stresses that exceed “real-world” conditions. The result is more intellectual property and a growing list of customers achieving measureable economic advantages for their stakeholders
We commit more than 20,000 man-hours annually to research and development and fully 10% of our annual revenues are reinvested in R&D.
The Dorf Ketal research and development team is based in in Taloja, India. However, R&D extends throughout our company, with scientists and engineers working together to solve our customers’most demanding problems. Examples of our game-changing products include:
- TANSCIENT™offers safer, more reliable corrosion protection for refining of high TAN opportunity crudes. It delivers more effective passivation and ongoing protection with up to 80% less phosphorus than competitor HTCI products.
- Tailored process chemical solutions to improve desalting performance, such as:
– Metals Removal Technologies – New organic acid and non-acid solutions for sweet and sour crudes to remove metals and eliminate stable emulsions of water insoluble solids. Also prevents downstream issues in the overhead and catalyst systems.
– Emulsion Breakers for Opportunity Crudes – Multiple functionality that allows refiners to lower costs by increasing the amount of cost advantaged crudes processed.
– Amine Removal in Crude Units – New, non-acid chemistry sequesters amine and improves control of overhead salting and corrosion control.
Our portfolio of technologies is world class. Our success in bringing them to market is dominant in India, Brazil, and SE Asia, and we continue to grow in other regions. There are many reasons why it’s beneficial for you to have a dynamic new company in your supply chain to offset decades of supplier consolidation designed to reduce competitive intensity.